We are looking for savvy Data Engineers to join our growing team of analytics experts. You will be responsible for expanding and optimizing data pipeline architectures, as well as optimizing data flows in a cross functional environment.
The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing data, data flows, and data pipeline architectures as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up and he or she must be excited to optimize, re-design data architectures to support the next generation of products and data initiatives.
Responsibilities of the Data Engineer
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architectures
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Cloud Native ‘Big Data’ technologies.
- Use data mining tools to collect data for further research and analysis
- Manipulate data using data analysis tools to discover insights
- Generate and deliver reports from data analysis
- Create data tools for analytics and data engineering team members that assist them in building and optimizing reports
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
Collaboration & Team Work
- Work collaboratively with business functions to create tools to collect and analyze data
- Work with customer and project stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Offer suggestions and direction from analysis to help guide organization decision-makers.
- Collaborate with different teams and departments to provide expertise and insight.
- Work with team members to strive for greater functionality in customer data systems.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) with a variety of databases. Strong analytic skills related to working with both structured and unstructured datasets.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘Big Data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Experience manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘Big Data’ data stores.
- Working knowledge of Cloud Platforms such as GCP, AWS, MS Azure or equivalent
- Working knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools, such as DataStudio, QlikView / QlikSense, Microsoft PowerBI, and Tableau or equivalent
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and a strict attention and appreciation for deadlines.
- Significant attention to detail and an ability to quickly spot and fix problems.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience working in a team setting and desire to take leadership roles within a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.